egumiculture Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) provides a service operated by the Company (hereinafter referred to as “the Service”) to those who use the Service (hereinafter referred to as “Users”). (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) respects the privacy of users (hereinafter referred to as the “Users”) of the services operated by the Company (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”). We respect the privacy of users (hereinafter referred to as “Users”) of our services (hereinafter referred to as “Services”), and will manage Users’ personal information (as defined below) with the utmost care, and will use the Services properly. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) will respect the privacy of users (hereinafter referred to as the “Users”) and will handle their personal information (as defined below) with the utmost care and in an appropriate manner.
Personal Information Protection Law” means the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) (including subsequent amendments, etc.) (including subsequent amendments, etc.) means the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, as amended).
Personal Information” has the meaning defined in Article 2.1 of the Personal Information Protection Law.
Personal Information with Required Information” has the meaning defined in Article 2, Paragraph 3 of the Personal Information Protection Law.
Personal Data” has the meaning defined in Article 2.6 of the Personal Data Protection Law.
Retained Personal Data” has the meaning defined in Article 2.7 of the Personal Information Protection Law.
2. Our Handling of Personal Information
3. Acquisition of Personal Information
We will clearly define the purposes for which personal information is to be used, and will acquire appropriate personal information through fair and proper means to the extent necessary to achieve those purposes. In addition, except for cases permitted by law, we will obtain the consent of the individual in advance when acquiring personal information that requires special consideration.
4. Purpose of use of personal information
Personal information obtained by the Company will be used for the following purposes. If the information is to be used for purposes other than those listed below, we will inform you of the purpose of use on a case-by-case basis.
- For identification purposes
- To provide and operate the Service, distribute advertisements, and perform other administrative tasks related to the Service.
- To respond to inquiries
- To manage your usage history
- To conduct surveys and compile statistical data
- To provide information and distribute advertisements regarding services, products, direct mail, trial products, etc. of the Company and other companies that the Company deems appropriate.
- To provide after-sales service, etc.
- For credit management, repair management, and credit management related to transactions
- To bill the customer for the price and other service charges, etc.
- For tax and public dues procedures and other procedures required by law
- To respond to violations of laws and regulations or these Terms and Conditions
- To handle disputes, claims, etc. related to this service
5. Use of Personal Information
We will handle personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, except as permitted by law. In addition, we will take measures to ensure that personal information is not used for any other purposes.
6. Provision to third parties
We will not provide personal data to third parties except with the consent of the individual or as permitted by law.
7. Corrective measures
We will take measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to correct such leakage, loss, or damage.
8. Disclaimer regarding provision to third parties
The Company shall not be liable for any acquisition of personal information by a third party that is not attributable to the Company, including but not limited to cases caused by the user’s actions or due to reasons attributable to the user.
9. Acquisition of Additional Information of Users
For the purpose of smooth operation of our business, we may obtain additional information about the user’s use of the Service from the entity to which we have provided the user’s personal information without the user’s additional individual consent.
10. Personal Data Management
We will strive to prevent and correct any leakage, loss, or damage of personal data in our possession, and to manage personal data appropriately and safely. We will also endeavor to keep personal data accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use, and to delete said personal data without delay when it is no longer necessary to use it.
We may outsource all or part of the handling of personal data to other business entities to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use, in which case we will provide the necessary and appropriate supervision of the outsourced entity.
12. Use of statistical information, etc.
We may create statistical data based on personal information, which is processed in such a way that individuals cannot be identified. Statistical data that cannot identify individuals does not constitute personal information, and the Company may use, disclose, or provide such data without any restrictions. The copyrights to the statistical data shall belong to the Company.
13. Requests for notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of retained personal data
When we receive any of the following requests from an individual regarding retained personal data, we will respond to the request in accordance with the provisions of the law after confirming that the request is made by the individual or his/her representative. Please note that a handling fee may be charged for such requests.
- (1) Notification of purpose of use of retained personal data
- (2) Disclosure of retained personal data
- (3) Correction, addition or deletion of retained personal data
- (4) Suspension of use, erasure, or cessation of provision to third parties of retained personal data
14. About Cookies
- Improve convenience for users
- Understanding of usage status
Google Analytics was used for this analysis.
- Cookies are used to serve ads.
16. Management and Disabling of Cookies
Users can disable cookies by changing the browser settings on their computer, tablet or smartphone. You may also delete stored cookies. However, please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our website and services. Please refer to the website of your browser provider for instructions on how to change your browser settings.
17. About Google Analytics
18. Continuous Improvement of Personal Information Protection
19. Person in charge of management
For inquiries about users’ personal information, please contact “Contact Us” in each site.
<Contact for complaints and consultation regarding personal information
Shin-Young Otsu, Manager
5-18-20 Sendagaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0051, Japan
Date of enactment May 9, 2023